This blog had been moved to a new HOME! http://www.whileinkl.com. Or it will redirect automitaclly after 5 seconds.







Wednesday, January 23, 2013

To Leave Jakarta

This is my first time in doing such a moving abroad..Lot of things need to be prepared. That's why me and my husband agreed to separate the things we need to do. Hehe, of course I took care the little things, but a lot, and my husband got the big part but only a few things.

So here the list goes..





Husband :
  • Find our place to live in KL. We can get the info about house or condo rent using this website : http://www.iproperty.com.my/ , http://www.mudah.my/ , http://www.propwall.my/
  • All things we need in KL such as car, internet connection, handphone sim card, and else. (He's a very good googler, so I rely on him about our new life there).
  • Sell the Motorcycle and the Car

Me (exhale and inhale) :
  • Make sure all the Internet Banking access is working, and can be use in KL
  • Have all the Medical + Vaccination Report  and translated in English
  • Settle all the outstanding credit card bill, close the card and keep one of the card, just in case we need some extra money in the new country. Please note that it's not easy for a foreigner to apply a credit card here in KL, they need a min RM 10,000 as your monthly income.
  • Prepare Leaving Certificate from school, if you're about to move with child/ren.
  • Do the homework, I separate the thing that I want to sell, bring along with me, and the thing that will be given to other. For the thing that I want to bring along with me, I do separate into which one that I will bring together by plane and which one will be carried by the moving company.
I think that's the list that I can remember. Actually I have the book, but I don't know where it is now.. Haha, I'll update the list when I found it, ok :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi kiki :)

    Just wondering I am planning to moved my 9 years old daughter to study in KL from Jakarta.
    1. What kind of info stuff that she need to bring from Jakarta so she can continue her 5 th grade.
    2. Can she go to goverment school? By the way we live in batu caves. Have a school just next to our apt building which i thought very convinience :)

    Thanks for ur help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halo Martha..
      I never try any of this before, since my son is very young. Asked my friend with this experience, then here's the answer :
      1. Actually there is a possibility for foreigner to enter the government school, only it will took about 3 months before the application being approved by the government.
      2. Hence, for the private school, we need to provide the report, passport, dependent/student pass and of course your daughter need to pass the exam test before entering the school.

      -kiky-

      Delete