This blog had been moved to a new HOME! http://www.whileinkl.com. Or it will redirect automitaclly after 5 seconds.







Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Culture Shock - Jakarta vs Kuala Lumpur (Feb 2012)

Actually I've wrote this in my previous blog. The comparison that I made is only based on very personal point of view. Only wants to explain how my life after 5 months living in KL.



So here it is :

  1. In Jakarta I had 2 maids..yes TWO. So typical Jakarta people who got 1 child and both of the parents are working. But here, I got no one..I do things by myself.. Hehe, Thank God now, after a year passed by, i got a reliable part time maid. For 3 times a week, half a day, we can paid half time maid around RM 400 - 450.
  2. I lived in a house before when I was in Jakarta, so I got my very own car park, only in front of my door house. Here, I live in a Condo and the car park is way too far for me :p Way too far refers to, down 6 floor using elevator, walk 100m, and 3 stairs with 10 steps each. Hahaha..
  3. Usually in Jakarta after the groceries shopping, I can just park my car and call my 2 maids to pick all the things from the car and put it in the right place. Now, welcome..I need to lift it all up by myself from that far faraway parking lot, and keep all the things to the place by myself. 
  4. In Jakarta, me and my husband suffered for two hours driving every single day, on the way to our house to the office, and another two hours to get back home. Here in KL, we decide to choose the very closest condo from my husband's office, only 5 minutes by car..10 minutes if calculating the walking time from our door unit to the car park :p Or around 20-30 minutes walking distance.
  5. Since we already saved that 4 hours we usually used in facing traffic jam in Jakarta, now we got a plenty quality family time. We still can do lots of things before or after my husband back from office.
  6. In Jakarta, we totally served by people, here, everything seems to be done by machine. Water dispenser machine, autopay parking system, highway touch n go and smart tag reader, and else.
  7. Well, driving car in Jakarta, using a horn is very common, here is different..Somebody will only use their horn if they got very disturbed or angry at you. And Malaysian driver..oh my god, they drive like there's no tomorrow..superfast, lack of using the signing light, but they did stop at every intersection, don't care how fast they drive before.
  8. Indonesian smile and service that's what I missed the most that time. It's different here, people who actually work to served people like at the department store, groceries store, rarely smile while helping us, or say thanks after we buy something from them. 
  9. The mass transportation is much much better than Jakarta. When we haven't bought our car, we usually use the bus, MRT and LRT to go to places..It's just very convenience. But not for the taxi, I prefer to use taxi in Jakarta then here, because here the taxi is owned by the driver, so sometimes they doesn't want to use the meter. 
  10. I've been through taking care of some documentation here, such as preparing the name changes for my car.  I can't compare this one with the one that Indonesia have, here it's just way sooo easy, no need to pay for extra fee. 
I'll update in the next posting, if there's any I can found about the culture shock :) 

4 comments:

  1. i was searching for 'culture shock' , i saw your post.
    good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Z.Mim..
    Thanks..this is the really first and most different thing from my own experience..
    Glad that you find it good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indonesians will only smile to you if you're a Caucasian/potential customer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The information provided on this blog is very important for us. One should be aware of all these things. Keep sharing in future.

    Car Rental Services Jakarta | Airport Transfer In Jakarta

    ReplyDelete