This blog had been moved to a new HOME! http://www.whileinkl.com. Or it will redirect automitaclly after 5 seconds.







Saturday, January 26, 2013

Islamic Art Museum




There is a place that I always recommend my relatives to take a visit in KL, the place called Islamic Art Museum. Located in Jalan Lembah Perdana, Kuala Lumpur, Islamic Art Museum, is also within a walking distance from National Mosque, Planetarium, KL Bird Park and Al Hijrah TV Station.

I checked the website before we went to this place. The website was very informative, we can see clearly what we are going to find in the place. This is also one thing that I love about this country, the government site, the private site very well prepared. The website itself represent the place, even though sometimes it looks way too good compared to the original place, but it attracts people to visit.

Ok, come back to museum. When we reached this place, the place is very quite and looks like nobody is here to visit. I start to worried, is this place that one of kind that only good in website. Haha, but it's ok since we've already here. 

The entrance fee is just cheap, 
  • Adult : RM 12
  • Students : RM 6
  • Senior Citizens : RM 6
  • Child : under 6 is free
In this place almost all the wall, even the elevator wall was designed with the Islamic Art Museum Logo. Which is nice :) So, we went up using elevator. Stop at the 1st floor, and wow!! I'm amazed with the first thing I saw that time. This 1st section contains of the famous Mosque from around the world in the mini size. It was a beauty!
I don't took all the Mosque photo, because it's hard to take it since all of it covered with the glass box. Also, I forgot to take note the mosque's name.. Hahaha..

= a beauty =







very detail
After that, I found the Qur'an manuscript section. Of course the museum also have the Qur'an Miniature :) Very cute..
how to read?











Then the next section is more about the Islamic Cultural History, also jewellery, textile, ceramic, coin, and metalwork from Islamic area in several Islamic Country. I also remember that, this museum somehow manage to have one of the original the Ka'Bah door cover. Very huge one..

Not only the showroom, this museum also got the restaurant and the museum shop. Haha..next pit stop is the museum shop. Spend almost an hour in this shop, for me, wherever museum I went to, I need to buy the signature of the place. And this museum shop is awesome, things that they sell here was using the good materials, like the book, the bookmarks, cup, calligraphy, even the t-shirt design also good. My husband bought the Kiblah compass and a T-Shirt, my son bought T-shirt and I like usual, bought the bookmark and pin.
We do not try the restaurant that time, so I can not give the food review.

In front of the museum - complete team




No comments:

Post a Comment