This blog had been moved to a new HOME! http://www.whileinkl.com. Or it will redirect automitaclly after 5 seconds.







Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Happy "Early" Birthday Greetings from Ibu..


Taken from "Parenthood" TV Series :

If someday you become a parent, you will see so much of yourself in your children. Your eyes, your smile and whatever. But one thing that you have to remember, they are not you. They are a different person.

I am not to sure whether the words are exactly the same or not. But that is the message coming from a mom, as a selfnote to herself to her daughter. I am totally agree about that sentence. 

Sometimes as a parent, we think that our children are us. Asking them to be just like us. Asking them to act the way we act, taking the same decision making process and point of view just like how we did it. Until we forgot that they also have they own style in facing life and also until we forgot that they can not read our mind. 

My son is going to be 4 next week. I have not gone so far and of course yet so mature in parenting. I am just trying as best as I can as a parent. Currently I am working on how to communicate in a good way. Try to respect his feeling, try to listen what he wants to say instead of cutting him off. For me, communication is the very most important thing that every family should have. 

I try many ways, I bought and read books. I watch movies, like this "Parenthood" one. And the most important thing is, I practice. Practice does makes perfect right? :)

His 4 years old birthday, is my fourth year being a parent. Still gotta lot of homework to do. We will work on it and keep doing great son..I promise..

Happy Birthday Son..
-Love, Ibu-

 

No comments:

Post a Comment