This blog had been moved to a new HOME! http://www.whileinkl.com. Or it will redirect automitaclly after 5 seconds.







Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Dream is to Achieve Someone Else's Dream

Rene Suhardono, the Career Coach once told about this during his session at HardRock FM Jakarta :
"Passion bukanlah segala sesuatu yang dikuasai, namun yang kita cintai. Passion adalah salah satu unsur karir. Karis haruslah melibatkan passion, tujuan hidup, values, ketercapaian dan kebahagiaan"
To be honest, I never believe words came out from a motivator, until I am at my position right know :) 

Back in 2010, I was in a very hard time, that is the moment when, me and my husband decided to do the renovation for our house. Newlyweds, with a 6 month son, working in Jakarta, 2 maids, and the renovation process. Long story short, we're in debt. That was a time, when we treated credit card as our life saver. Trapped in debt is not something that we ever plan in our life before, even hard because I am working in that area, and still stuck with it. So that is why, I am really interested in taking the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) course now. 

I do not want people feel the way I feel at that time. Really eager to get lost from the debt, I attend all the free seminars, talk, read a book, and ask people for advice without a fail. We make it happen, 6 months on "diet" all the credit card debt is clear. Zero outstanding balance.

We did start a new life. We moved here, I quit my job because I need to follow my husband. I thought at that time my creativity was about to go where the wind blows. But then I decided to used the time to pursue my dream. 

The dream that I will share with people. Being a Financial Planner, for me is to help people pursuing their dream, while I pursuing my dream :) 
Now I am trying to words out about it in my financial planning blog. Hoping that maybe someday, someone will find it helpful and meaningful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment